Other Resources (Tobacco)
- Trinkets & Trash: Artifacts of the Tobacco Epidemic. Rutgers University School of Public Health. (Nov 2018).
- Taking Down Tobacco Training Program. Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. (2017).
- Youth and Community Engagement Activities. Counter Tobacco. (2012).
- Tobacco Prevention Activities. Tobacco Prevention Training. (2012).
- Tobacco Prevention Resource Kit. American Cancer Society.
- Smokefree Movie Ads – A project of the University of California San Francisco.
- New York City’s Cigarettes Are Eating You Alive-Baby – TV spot shows parents smoking cigarettes and smoke entering the baby’s lungs; an empty crib illustrates the link between smoking and sudden infant death syndrome. Spanish & English; (:15) and (:30) formats.
- California’s Baby in Playpen print/out-of-home ads campaign – reminds viewers that secondhand smoke travels through ventilation systems, windows and doors, is toxic, and can harm a baby. English, Spanish, and Asian languages available.
- Wisconsin’s Manipulicious Campaign – for Halloween 2014 – material designed to expose Big Tobacco’s newest products that can look, smell, or even taste like candy. Check out both the “ads in campaign” and “collateral material” tabs.
- Tobacco Free Life. Tobacco-Free Life Organization. (Oct 2017).
- "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" – written by Dr. Sheila West for Prevent Blindness’ See Jane See women’s eye health initiative. Dr. West wrote the chapter on Smoking and Eye Disease for the 50th Anniversary Surgeon General’s Report on Smoking and Health.
- Resources for Change. Salud America! Growing Healthy Change. (2015).
- Updated State Cigarette Tax Factsheets. Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. (Jun 2018).
- JUUL and Youth: Rising E-Cigarette Popularity. Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. (Feb 2018).
- What is juul? Truth Initiative. (Feb 2018).
- On-Screen Smoking: What the Evidence Says. Smoke-Free Movies (Feb 2019).
- The Dangers of Other Tobacco Products (English & Spanish). Virginia Foundation for Healthy Youth (Feb 2019).
- Cigarrillos Electrónicos y Los Jóvenes. Orange County Health Care Agency.
- Los Cigarrillos Electrónicos. California Youth Advocacy Network.
- Smoke-Free Homes Project Toolkit. Emory University. (Apr 2019).
- New Opportunities: Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing and Tobacco Cessation. The American Lung Association and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. (April 2018).
- E-Cigarettes and Vape Pens. Stanford University Department of Medicine’s educational toolkit. (2018).
- Talk with Your Teen About E-Cigarettes: A Tip Sheet for Parents. Office of the Surgeon General, DHHS. (April 2017).
- Talk with Your Teen About E-Cigarettes: A Tip Sheet for Parents (Spanish). Office of the Surgeon General, DHHS. (April 2017).
- Help Your Patients Quit Tobacco Use: An implementation guide for community health centers. Legacy & Partnership for Prevention. (2015).
- The Road to Wellness: Driving Tobacco and Cancer off the Map. Geographic Healthy Equity Alliance (2014).
- Finish It- Legacy Campaign. Adult coordinators can log-in via the "Adult Resources" tab using the passcode Toolkit2014. Youth activists can log-in via the "Activist Resources" tab using the passcode Endtobacco2014.
- Help your school become truly tobacco-free. 24/7. (2015).
- Back-To-School Resources on E-Cigarettes and Youth. CDC Office on Smoking and Health. (August 2018).
- Health Care Professionals: Educate Your Young Patients About the Risks of E-Cigarettes. Office of the Surgeon General, DHHS. (April 2017).
- State Smoking Quitline Referral Resource
- PREPARE: Person Empowered Asthma Relief Study: The study will look at two different ways to take medicines for rescue or quick relief for asthma symptoms among Latino or Hispanic patients and Black or African American Patients. For more information and where to enroll go to: http://www.preparestudy.net/study-site-list.html
- PREPARE: Estudio para mejorar el control del asma. Este estudio compara dos formas de tratamiento de los síntomas del asma en pacientes latinos o hispánicos y pacientes negros o afroamericanos. Para más información sobre el estudio y cómo inscribirse visite: http://www.preparestudy.net/centros-de-estudio.html