Cancer in the News
Winter 2018 - 2019
- Less fat, more fruit may cut risk of dying of breast cancer
- Test Allows Doctors to Determine Most Effective Treatment for Women With Breast Cancer
- Genetic Testing in Women Diagnosed With Breast Cancer Decreases Cost of Care Nationwide
- Young women with breast cancer pursue aggressive surgery
- Do breast cancer patients skip follow-up?
- Cytologic HPV screening every 3 years ideal for women aged 21 to 29
- Is HPV co-testing really the best screening option?
- Urine test could prevent cervical cancer
- Recent decline seen in high-grade cervical lesions
- Socioeconomic barriers limit successful cervical cancer screening
- Older Women Have the Highest Risk of Dying from Cervical Cancer
- More Evidence HPV Vaccine Cuts Cervical Cancer Rate
- Colon Cancer Screenings Increase When Medicaid Arrives
- Right Combination of Diet and Bacteria Limits Cancer Progression
- Barriers and Facilitators of FIT Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Global Microbial Signatures for Colorectal Cancer
- A Call for Action: Responding to the Increasing Incidence of Liver Cancer in the United States
- Liver Cancer Deaths Rising Faster Among Less Educated Adults
- Why Men Are More Likely to Develop Liver Cancer
- Vitamin D Could Help Cancer Patients Live Longer
- Score One for Minimally Invasive Cancer Surgery
- Trans masculine individuals: HPV prevention and screening critical, Fenway says
- Researchers at Danbury Hospital are developing an early detection and screening tool for gynecological cancers
- Lesbian, Bisexual and Queer Women with Cancer Face Lower Rates of Survival
- Quitting Smoking Helps Shield Women From Bladder Cancer: Study
- Medical Costs Create Hardships for More Than Half of Americans
- What Can Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, And Transgender (LGBT) Communities Do To Advance The Shared Goal To Screen 80% Of Age-Eligble Adults For Colorectal Cancer?
- Cancer: Highly personalized therapy can improve outcomes
- Magic Mouthwash Effective Treatment for Mouth Sore Pain Caused by Radiation Therapy
- Urinary HPV DNA testing can reach additional women
- How Can Therapy for Heart Attack Patients Help Cancer Survivors?
- ‘Eye-opening’ Disparities in Uptake of Cancer Prevention Strategies
- Caring for an Older Adult With Cancer Comes With Emotional Challenges for Caregivers, Too
Winter 2018 - 2019
- Mammography: What You Need to Know
- 3D Mammography Significantly Reduces Breast Biopsy Rates
- Breast cancer: Does stress fuel its spread?
- New findings indicate additional benefits of exercise to breast cancer survivors
- Stress hormones promote breast cancer metastasis
- Challenges, opportunities remain in breast cancer survivorship care
- Too few women getting cervical cancer screening
- Vaccine, Screening Can Prevent Cervical Cancer Deaths
- Colon Cancer Screening Can Save Your Life
- Exercise Might Slow Colon Cancer's Advance
- Detecting Colorectal Cancer
- Sitting, Watching TV: Colorectal Cancer Risk
- Program Slashed Racial Disparities in Early Lung Cancer Tx
- Doctors Dramatically Reduce Racial Disparities in Early-Stage Lung Cancer Treatment
- Trials Test New Approach to Hereditary Ovarian Ca Risk Reduction
- Shared genetic marker offers new promise in targeting specific ovarian and lung cancers
- Do all chemotherapies have equal long-term heart risk?
- Cancer Survivors Face Significant Hardships Related to Medical Bills
- Researchers target metastasis in fight against cancer
- Oncologists ’should be proactive’ in advising patients on social media benefits, pitfalls
- First-ever Lynch Syndrome Center offers genetic testing, personalized screening plans
- Cancer: Does mental health influence a person's outlook?
- Do Keloids Convey a Higher Cancer Risk?
- 4 Important Steps to Take After a Cancer Diagnosis
- HPV Might Be Behind Vocal Cord Cancers in Young
- Hospitals serving more minorities may offer less palliative care
- Obesity-related cancers on rise in young adults
- HPV Infection May Be Behind Rise in Vocal-Cord Cancers Among Young Nonsmokers
- The 10 cancers US women are most likely to face
- Can HPV Vax Confer 'Herd Protection' to Young Women?
- HPV vaccination rates remain critically low among younger adolescents in the U.S.
- Certain Carbs Linked to Lower CVD, Diabetes, Cancer Risk
- For women with genetic risk, twice-a-year MRI beats mammograms
- How does diet impact breast cancer risk?
- High Fruit and Vegetable Consumption May Reduce Risk of Breast Cancer
- Tailorx Trial Finds Most Women With Early Breast Cancer Do Not Benefit From Chemotherapy
- Making Room for Cervical Ca Screening, Tx in Latina Lives
- Catch-Up HPV Vaccine Effective for Women Aged Up to 20 Years, US Study Suggests
- Cancer Prevention Message Is Key for HPV Vaccination Discussions with Parents
- First Birth Cohort to Receive HPV Vaccine: The Vaccine Works
- Cervical cancer may be driven by imbalance in vaginal bacteria, research finds
- Deaths From Alcohol-Related Liver Disease Deaths and Liver Cancer On the Rise Among Young Americans
- Liver Cancer Death Rates Rise 43%, CDC Reports
- Lung Cancer Mortality Rates Among Women Projected to Increase by Over 40 Percent by 2030
- Lung cancer screening guidelines inadequate for high-risk minorities
- Surgical Advances in Lung Cancer – New Techniques May Help Some Lung Cancer Patients Beat the Disease Earlier
- Lung Cancer Risk Drops Substantially Within Five Years of Quitting, New Research Finds
- Toward an 'Ultra-Personalized' Therapy for Melanoma
- Common Skin Cancer Can Signal Increased Risk of Other Cancers
- Sunscreen users receive less than half the sun protection they think, study finds
- 10 Things You May (or May Not) Know Cause Skin Cancer
- R10 acial disparities in fifth-grade sun protection: Evidence from the Healthy Passages study
- Sunscreen Reduces Melanoma Risk by 40 Per Cent in Young People
- 'Face-Aging' Photos Convince Tanners to Shun the Sun